Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Brandon@EGC

    It is expected that all work for your proposal will be performed within the US. However, you can technically request funding to pay for samples/datasets that originate from foreign institutions through an SBIR/STTR grant. Note that all foreign components are subject to review with a high degree of scrutiny by both CSR reviewers and programmatic staff. In your case, the use of these specific samples as opposed to samples that may be available form within the US would need to be justified during the application process. See the Frequently Asked Questions page on the NIH SEED office, Section VI (

    “All work on SBIR or STTR projects must be conducted in the United States, per statute. In rare or unique circumstances, NIH may allow a small portion of the research work to be performed outside of the United States when it is not possible to perform domestically. Some examples might include supplies, materials, or patient populations that are not available in the United States.”

    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Brandon@EGC.
    in reply to: CRP reviews #8826

    Changes in the new NIH SBIR solicitation include increased minimum performance standards (, pre-and-post-award foreign disclosure requirements (, and changes to the peer review process. The final point refers to an increased emphasis on commercialization such as the product’s commercial potential and the business environment for applicants.

    The NIH SEED office recently held a webinar to cover these changes. The Webinar was recorded and can be viewed at the following link:

    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Brandon@EGC.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)