SBIR Land Home Forums General SBIR/STTR Question Forum Phase II application deadline

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Athna
    Participant

I have some questions about the deadline for submitting our Phase II application after the Phase I budget period ends, and how a one-year no-cost extension might affect that deadline.
    According to the NIH website, “the recipient may submit a Phase II application either before or after expiration of the Phase I budget period. A Phase I recipient must submit a Phase II application within the first six application submission due dates following the expiration of the Phase I budget period.”
    Can you please help us clarify whether we need to submit a Phase II application within the first six application deadlines after the end of the initial Phase I budget period? If we request an NIH STTR no-cost extension for one year, is the deadline for submitting a Phase II application based on the end date of the initial Phase I program plus the additional year provided by the no-cost extension?
    Thank you very much for your help!

Leisa@EGC

Thank you for the question. You will need to submit the Phase II application within the first six application deadlines after the end date of the no cost extension.

Ann
    Participant

I’m not sure, but I remembered I saw somewhere that the no-cost extension does not prolong the phase 2 deadline. This means the 6 cycles begin to count from the original scheduled SBIR ending time. ?

Ann
    Participant

it says,
    ‘…. Importantly, no-cost extensions do not extend the Phase II submission dealine’

A no-cost extension will not extend your window to submit a Phase II proposal.
    https://seedfund.nsf.gov/resources/awardees/phase-1/no-cost-extension/

But it’s from NSF, should it be the same with NIH?

Leisa@EGC

It is not the same for NIH. I suggest you talk to your program officer so you can be 100% sure (and it’s always good to let the program officer know what your plans are for submitting the Phase II application).

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Leisa@EGC.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.