SBIR Land Home Forums General SBIR/STTR Question Forum Contract Agreement for STTR

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    STTR_PI
    Participant

Hi! I’m a PI at a research institution who is partnering with a small business to put in an STTR.

When we completed our subcontract paperwork with the university, they issued us their standard subcontract letter. This letter stated that they agree to be a partner in the research and will abide by all of the rules of the particular PA.

The university did not include the very narrow language that is specified in the SF424 instructions for the consortium and contractual agreements section. When we asked about this, the university said it was not necessary to do so in that particular letter. Instead, they generated a separate letter that said the proportions of work would be done by the respective parties (30% university, 40% business) that we have included as a letter of support.

As we are preparing to submit, we are concerned that the contract agreement from the university is insufficient. Does anyone have insight or experience with what these letters need to look like from the single partnering institution? I would appreciate any suggestions on templates for these letters as well.

STTR_PI
    Participant

An official from NIH replied to me and said that a standard contract agreement from a university is acceptable. Seems like we worried for nothing!

nitesh@EGC
    Participant

Hello STTR_PI

Thank you for your question, and for the update from the PO! Please let us know if you have any other questions in the future.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.